1. The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- Accredited Charities licensed to use the BBB Accredited Charity Seal.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
2. We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- Commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- Dot.com community sites;
- Associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- Online directory distributors;
- Internet portals;
- Accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- Educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited charities (for example, suspect charitable solicitations, such as those those that falsely claim charitable tax-exempt status, shall not be allowed to link); (b) the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of BBB accreditation; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to www.give.org, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party's site.
No use of BBB's torch logo or other design trademark of CBBB will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement from CBBB. Use of CBBB design marks specific to a particular BBB program (such as the accredited business advertising program or the accredited charity seal program), participants and businesses should consult with their respective area BBBs for proper trademark usage, advertising guidelines and restrictions.
There are places on our site where your comments or other information you provide to BBB may be made available to the public. As noted in our submission rules, we expect that you will honor the intellectual property rights of others in your submission. Copyright owners or agents that believe submissions are violative of their rights may provide BBB notice of this as set forth in Paragraph 9 of our submission rules.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Web site. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights:
We reserve the right at any time and in our sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
What You Should Know About Links We Have On Our Web Site:
From time to time, we may, with permission from the site owner, decide to link to Web sites that we determine may be of interest to our visitors. These Web sites may offer educational, governmental or other resources or may be owned or controlled by other third parties.
We are not responsible for the content of any linked site, any link(s) contained in any linked site, or any changes or updates to the information contained in such sites. We provide links to third party sites only as a convenience and the inclusion of any such link on our site does not imply our endorsement of either the site, the organization operating such site, or any products or services of that organization. A visit to any site or page from our Web site via any such link is done entirely at your own risk.
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.